|Gordy Sachs, Jason Steinmetz,
Mark Koontz, Vince Mazzier, Tony Doty, Stefanie Haeffele-Balch,
Dale Dague, Tim Blake
||Eric Runnels, FEMA National Integration
- Update on PPD-8 (Eric Runnels)
- Slide presentation with Q&A.
- Update from Branch Coordinator (Tim Blake)
- Program Management Unit (PMU) is considering the theme/format
for the 2012 NWCG All-Chairs meeting. It may be a virtual
meeting, possibly in February.
- PMU is discussing the relationship between OWDC and
the Wildland Fire Institute.
- PMU is working on the FY 2012 budget.
- Other projects in various stages of development/consideration:
- Wildland fire boots
- Interagency guidance on Serious Accident Investigation
- State billing issue
- Guidance for remote assignments
- Business practices for complexes, mergers and splits
- NWCG Executive Board (EB) monthly meeting is being
held this week. Some topics to be discussed:
- Review of succession planning recommendations and
- Final report on AHIMT pilot project.
- Update on recommendation to add structure fire resource
designators to ROSS (Tim Blake)
- Tim passed on the briefing paper to Jon Skeels. Jon
advised that the committee was approaching the issue the
proper way, and that he will get back to the committee
either through Tim, or possibly through a conference call
with Tim, Gordy and Mark. Some of the mnemonics may already
be in ROSS, just need to make them “standard”
and let the dispatch community know. He was very positive
about making the designators standard. Tim will follow
up with Jon, including making sure the proper process
regarding the ROSS Change Management Board is covered.
- Update on tasking from NWCG Executive Board (EB) –
All Hazards Support Doctrine (Gordy Sachs)
- Memo with Task Team’s concerns and recommendations
was sent to Tim. Memo will be provided to EB; Tim, Gordy
and Tony will brief the EB on the Task Team’s recommendation
on Thursday, September 22, 2011. Important concepts are
that doctrine should be agency-wide (not fire-specific)
as FS All-Hazard Doctrine is. (LEI and DOI were involved
in development of FS A-H Doctrine.) DOI will follow-up
with their Emergency Management Board about development
of a DOI A-H Doctrine. Task Team’s recommendations
for changes to the Red Book were provided to Red Book
committee for meeting that starts today; updates to recommendation
from DOI will be provided to the Red Book committee today.
- Committee Chair term/replacement (Gordy Sachs)
- Gordy’s term as Chair expires in October. Tim
advised that committee should recommend Chair; EB makes
- Gordy recommended that Jason Steinmetz be recommended
to be the new committee chair; committee members concurred.
Formal recommendation will be sent to Tim for EB consideration.
- Update from OWDC (Mark Koontz)
- OWDC meets next week. Issues to be discussed:
- 310-1: NIMS training requirement delayed until
September 2012 (BIA compliance date); can’t
require full NIMS compliance until that point.
- PTB timeframe (three years versus five years).
- The 410-1 Fireline Handbook is up for revision;
OWDC is considering adopting FEMA’s ER FOG for
core ICS information and only maintaining a wildland-specific
- ICS training crosswalk (funded by FEMA through
Emergency Management Institute) is making good progress.
Completion date is unknown.
- Update from AHIMT Oversight Group (Tim Blake)
- Final report on pilot project is on the EB agenda.
- Update from FEMA PST (Gordy Sachs)
- Next meeting is November 8-9 in Washington, DC. Jason
will attend representing the NRF/NIMS Committee.
- Update from FEMA IMWG (Mark Koontz)
- Next meeting is in October. Some items to be discussed:
- Revamping the NIMS qualification guide to include how
to implement a qualification process
- Newly-released FEMA credentialing guide may be interpreted
as contradicting the draft qualifications guide; however,
the intent is for two more documents to be released which
each “dig deeper” into the process. This will
minimize the confusion with the qualifications guide.
- Task books for Type 1 and Type 2 Command & General
Staff have been received from the contractor. Not clear
what will happen with them in the near term.
- Update from FEMA CCMWG (Gordy Sachs)
- August conference call was cancelled.
- No calls or meetings scheduled at this point.
- Updates on other FEMA WGs
- Jason will be participating with the Aviation WG and
Emergency Management WG
- Next call: October 18, 2011.
to the top