Claims Specialist, CLMS
- Establish system for documenting claims, secure documentation and evidence.
- Establish contact with incident agency and coordinate investigation and claim processes with IMT.
- Provide claimants with claim filing information and requirements.
- Prepare claim reports adhering to incident agency policy / procedures.
- Maintain claim log (potential and actual).
- Ensure site and property in investigation are protected.
- Mitigate or resolve potential claims whenever possible.
- Coordinate with investigation team as necessary.
- Obtain witness statements pertaining to claim.
- Initiate investigation on all claims (other than personnel injury).
- Report issues of concern to supervisor (trends, missing documentation, etc.).
- Finalize claim documentation and submit to incident agency.
- Satisfactory position performance as a claims specialist.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: