Computer Coordinator, COCO
- Advises IMT on the characteristics, capabilities, and data support potential of incident data processing equipment.
- Plans and coordinates implementation of computer-based services and applications in support of the incident.
- Performs regular system maintenance functions and resolves system and or user hardware and software application problems.
- When systems fail to respond to established procedures, consults with technical manual to arrive at a resolution.
- Investigates system malfunctions to determine the cause.
- Defines and isolates the specific problem, using available diagnostic and error recovery techniques, and initiates corrective action.
- Contacts vendor representative to determine the cause of problems that do not respond to available problem solving techniques.
- Provides technical user support.
- Works with incident managers to coordinate data capture and analysis projects.
- Works actively to bring consistency to data operations.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Demonstrates skills including, ability to set up, operate and troubleshoot computer equipment.
- Ability to set up and maintain both individual computers and a computer network in remote, dirty environment, which is non-typical of normal computer operations.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: