Mechanic (Automotive/Heavy Equipment), GMEC
Coordination & Support
- Performs diagnostic procedures to determine the need for maintenance or repair.
- Recommends to Ground Support Unit Leader those vehicles or heavy equipment which need to be referred to a shop for repair.
- Performs whatever maintenance and repairs that can effectively be performed in the field.
- Gathers information, equipment, and supplies necessary for incident assignment prior to departure for the incident.
- Obtains a briefing from supervisor, EQPM or GSUL.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Mechanical knowledge of most types of vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Must have a working knowledge of gas powered and diesel engine mechanics.
- Must have a working knowledge of recommended maintenance procedures and timeframes for a wide variety of vehicles and heavy equipment.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: