RX Fire Manager Type 1, RXM1
- The Prescribed Fire Manager is responsible to the Agency Administrator for implementing and coordinating assigned prescribed fire activities. A Prescribed Fire Manager may be assigned during periods when multiple, simultaneous complex and or multiple simultaneous moderate complex prescribed fires are being conducted, multiple prescribed fires will be conducted within a short timeframe or where there is a complex interagency involvement.
- Obtains briefings from ordering officials and/or the prior Prescribed Fire Manager.
- Reviews Prescribed Fire Plans prior to implementation or assesses the current active prescribed fire plans.
- Acts as liaison/coordinator for the Prescribed Fire Burn Boss, local dispatch offices, other offices and agencies, air quality authorities, news media, transportation agencies and safety officials and interested public groups.
- Obtains and interprets long-term weather information.
- Conducts strategy meetings and/or briefings as needed.
- Sets priorities for allocation of resources.
- Briefs Prescribe Fire Burn Bosses and direct operational assignments according to interagency policies, agency-specific policies, priorities and standards.
- Monitors overall prescribed fire operations.
- Ensures that all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with the Prescribed Fire Plans.
- Ensures completion of all required documentation, including the evaluation and documentation of accomplishments, immediate fire behavior and fire effects, operational procedures and costs summaries.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Satisfactory performance as Prescribed Fire Burn Boss Type 1,
- Satisfactory position performance as a Prescribed Fire Manager Type 1
- Recommended Training includes Intermediate ICS (I-300) and Fire Program Management (M-581)
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: