Home / Ad Positions / Air Tactical Supervisor - Attached to ASM1
Air Tactical Supervisor - Attached to ASM1, THSP
- Coordinates rotor wing resources in conjunction with fixed wing airtankers
- Coordinates with ATP to maintain safe & effective aerial operations
- Provides oversight, supervision, direction to and is responsible for safety and coordination of all aerial resources assigned to incident(s) when they are in flight.
- Provides leadership, information, and coordination with management and ground-based personnel regarding incident tactical aircraft operations, performance and safety.
- Serves as airborne IC until qualified ground personnel assume responsibility.
- Coordinates strategy and tactics with management or IMT.
- Determines and recommends resource needs while over incidents.
- Maintains communication with ground forces, assigned aircraft, and dispatching organization.
- Recommends and defines boundaries of Temporary Flight Restriction.
- Evaluates fuel types, terrain, fire weather, current and expected fire behavior for effective aerial size-up, suppression, and coordination with ground or management personnel.
- Coordinates with fire managers identifying priorities, values at risk, ground and aerial restrictions on incident assignments.
- Provides risk assessment and mitigates unacceptable safety risks for aerial and ground personnel.
- Provides input to IMT for current and future cost effective performance, utilization, mobilization and demobilization of aerial resources.
- Coordinates with incident and agencies for scheduling briefings, and debriefings of assigned flight crews.
- Ability to maintain situational awareness during low level operations
- Assures flight crews receive briefing on incident objectives prior to implementing operations.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Qualified ATGS
- ASM/CRM Training: Annual refresher, training every 3 years
- Agency SOP Training: Annually
- Flight check review annually
- ICT3 qualified
- DIVS qualified
- STCR/TFLD qualified
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: