Fire Lookout, THSP
- Provides for the detection and reporting of fires from a lookout station.
- Uses standard fire finders to determine location of smoke or fires in relation to landmarks.
- Estimates distance to and probable size and characteristics of fires.
- Reports azimuth, distance, location, volume, color, behavior of smoke, and other pertinent information by radio or telephone.
- Reports weather and fire behavior information.
- Records and reports daily weather observations.
- Maintains records and log books.
- Operates a radio communications center, receiving and relaying messages and information received relating to weather, fire hazards, fire emergencies, accidents, location of crews, etc.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Should have I-100, S-110
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: