GACC Fire Cache Manager, THSP
Coordination & Support
This position is assigned to a Geographical Area Coordination Center (GACC) as an on-site cache manager and reports directly to the Logistics Operation Branch Chief or equivalent.
- Manages the allocation of supplies at the Geographic Area level including oversight of all ordering, receiving, shipping, returns and refurbishment of supplies, and directly supports the assigned Geographic Area Interagency partners and all Incident Management Teams assigned to ongoing incidents.
- Provides operational guidance in the area of cache management for the Geographic Area, including individual area caches.
- Has responsibility for the resolution of ordering, receiving, shipping, returns and refurbishment issues at the Geographic Area level.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of supplies assigned to the GACC. Track supplies received and distributed at the GACC.
- Maintains frequent contact with the GACC Dispatch Center in order to coordinate resources in adjacent Geographic Areas. When other Geographic Areas provide cache supplies, the cache manager maintains contact with cache manager from other Geographic Area to coordinate supply levels between the GACCs.
- Provides problem solving recommendations and advice on cache issues to the respective area geographic area coordinators, area coordinators, area command teams, and/or incident management teams within a complex or incident. National as well as geographical area priorities will be considered when making recommendations and providing advice.
- Supervises all personnel working in the Geographic Area cache including Wage Grade and GS personnel.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Expert knowledge at the professional level of supply cache management and operation, with extensive experience at the incident and GACC level.
- Ability to evaluate and project cache inventory issues; develop guidance and provide advice to interagency partners, area coordinators, area command teams, and/or incident management teams including a comprehensive and expert knowledge of ordering, receiving, shipping, returns and refurbishment practices.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: