Coordination & Support
Laborers follow specific instructions to perform simple manual tasks that require no experience and little to no training. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Receives specific instructions from a supervisor.
- Loads, unloads, and moves heavy boxes, bulky supplies and materials to/from trucks and loading platforms.
- Opens and unpacks cardboard cartons by hand and remove contents.
- Uses hand trucks or dollies to move bulky but relatively light loads (boxes, supplies).
- Identifies obvious hazards, malfunctioning equipment, damaged materials and other situations that may impact work operations and reports to supervisor.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements
- Ability to read and understand general instructions, follow oral instructions and work safely.
- Ability to work on hard surfaces requiring standing and bending for long periods of time.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: