Weather Observer, WOBS
- Obtains briefing from Situation Unit Leader or work supervisor.
- Obtains materials, transportation and communications.
- Performs general weather observations and maintains field map.
- Monitors and records weather conditions.
- Monitors incident situation.
- Reports field data.
- Provides map and overlay production.
Position Knowledge and/or Requirements (from FS 5109.17)
- Qualified FFT1
- I-100, Intro to ICS
- S-190, Intro to Wildland Fire Behavior
- Training in use of belt weather kit
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: