The Interagency Aerial Capture, Eradication, and Tagging of Animals (ACETA) Unit provides national leadership to promote the safety and well-being of all personnel involved in aerial ACETA operations by developing and disseminating interagency ACETA operations guidance. Primary objectives include:
- Develop and disseminate ACETA guidance applicable to pertinent agencies, states, counties, and vendors.
- Solicit, identify, evaluate, and address ACETA operations, safety, regulatory, equipment, management, performance, and personnel issues.
- Share information and technology between participants, other working groups and the aviation community.
- Review and approve new ACETA equipment, accessories and modifications.
- Provide oversight of contractor and agency equipment and procedural compliance.
- Identify training needs and develop courses for use in the field by ACETA personnel.