The Fire Shelter Subcommittee (FSSC) provides interagency leadership and oversight in all areas of fire shelter program management. Primary duties include:
- Provide input to the Missoula Technology and Development Center (MTDC) regarding fire shelter specifications.
- Support continuous improvement of fire shelters and the fire shelter program.
- Assist with the development of fire shelter training.
- Recommend and communicate fire shelter life-cycle standards.
- Coordinate with MTDC and other pertinent entities to accomplish the subcommittee’s mission.
- Communicate pertinent fire shelter information effectively.
- Maintain a fire shelter website.