The National Predictive Services Subcommittee (NPSS) provides national leadership in the development and dissemination of situation, meteorological, fuels, fire danger, fire potential, and resource status decision support products. Primary objectives include:
- Improve the quality, accuracy, and relevance of predictive services products.
- Identify, assess, and resolve predictive services issues at the national level.
- Establish and implement methods for tracking the use and effectiveness of predictive service products.
- Provide leadership in the development and delivery of predictive services related training.
- Standardize products and services to improve efficiency and consistency of predictive services information.