The Operations and Training Committee (OTC) provides national leadership in the development and maintenance of incident management standards, position standards and associated training. Primary objectives include:
- In coordination with NWCG committees and other SMEs, develop, approve and disseminate standards and best practices for wildland fire incident management.
- Establish the structure and business processes by which NWCG position standards are established and maintained.
- Establish the structure and business processes by which the NWCG committees, NWCG training Development Program and others, develop revise and deliver NWCG Training.
- In coordination with NWCG committees and other SMEs, develop, approve and disseminate minimum requirements for training, experience, physical fitness level, and currency standards for wildland fire positions to support successful position performance.
- Ensure that NWCG ICS position standards are compliant with NIMS requirements.
- Work with Incident Qualifications and Certification System (IQCS) and Incident Qualification System (IQS) leads to ensure these business systems support and maintain established standards.