Helicopter Coordinator Working Group (HLCOWG)
The Helicopter Coordinator Working Group (HLCOWG) provides national interagency governance in the development and maintenance of the Helicopter Coordinator (HLCO) training curriculum, course delivery, position performance standards, and program reviews.
- Assist the Air Tactical Group Supervisor Working Group (ATGSWG) when asked in the coordination and delivery of S-378, Aerial Supervision and N-9059, Leadplane Pilot when requested through the National Aerial Supervision Standardization Unit (NASSU).
- Assist the ATGSWG with coordination and delivery of RT-378 and RT-9059 as requested through the NASSU.
- Provide oversight of S-378 and HLCO curriculum for updates and accuracy.
- Coordinate standardization with National Aerial Supervision Academy (NASA) and California Aerial Supervision Academy (CASA).
- Manage taskings from the NASSU.
- Recommend changes to the NWCG Standards for Aerial Supervision, PMS 505, through the NASSU.
- Recommend changes to the NWCG Task Book for the Positions of Helicopter Coordinator (HLCO) and Air Tactical Group Supervisor (ATGS), PMS 311-18.
- Assist peer aerial supervision working groups with subject matter expertise pertaining to the broad scope of interagency aerial supervision operations as requested.
|Shawn Walters||Chair||Forest Servicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Aaron Burrough||Co-Chair||National Association of State Forestersemail@example.com|
No Additional Resources At This Time