Health Department Contact Information for Home Units Guidance
Source: Wildland Fire Medical and Public health Advisory Team (MPHAT)
For Employee or Fire Incident COVID-19 Response
To be included in IMT Briefing Package.
Visit the county health and the state health department website to locate:
- The COVID-19 call numbers
- The COVID- 19 contact (when available)
- Any information about how the county health department wants employers to respond or report COVID-19 cases
- Call the county COVID-19 call line. You will likely leave a message or talk to an operator. Please be patient if you do not talk with a person or if your questions are not answered right away, public health authorities may be busy.
If you are able to talk with someone, let them know about your anticipated COVID-19 procedures. Use the information below as a guide:
- A COVID-19 Coordinator name and contact information (if known).
- Any MPHAT/Agency/ICT COVID-19 policies or other pertinent information.
Testing policies or actions (if known) including
- What the district plans to do with symptomatic individuals, close contacts, positive cases, and testing (if known). Use the back of this document as a starting point.
How to engage and any guidance from the health department about their policies such as:
- Does the health department want regular check-ins from the district? If so, at what interval, who is the point of contact, and what information do they want to receive?
- When a worker becomes symptomatic, does the health department want to be notified and coordinate testing and follow-up care? If not, does the health department have recommendations on who in the county can provide care and where should the worker go to obtain a test.
- Hospital, urgent care, and testing locations.
How engaged, what is the process for, and what will the timing be for case investigation and contact tracing and outbreak investigations?
- What is a workplace outbreak (more than 2 cases) and when does the county want to be notified and how?
- Is the health department in agreeance with the district sending asymptomatic or mildly sick personnel to their home unit (away from this county). If so, does the health department have guidance?
|Local and State Health Department Information|
State Health Department COVID-19 Contact information including:
Local Health Department COVID-19 Contact information including:
|Local County Health Department Point of Contact Name and Contact Information|
|Health Department Guidance On|
Check-in procedures with Health Department
Does the health department want to be notified of symptomatic workers? If yes, what is the process?If not, where can workers receive care and obtain tests in the county?
|Hospital, urgent care, and testing locations and names|
|If testing is performed outside of a clinical laboratory (e.g. rapid point of care device testing) how are results reported results and at what interval to the health department?|
|For case investigation and contact tracing, how engaged with the health department be, what is the process for this, and what will the timing be for these processes?|
|What is a workplace outbreak (>2 cases) and when does the county want to be notified and how?|
|If workers are from off-district, can asymptomatic or mildly sick COVID-19 positive workers be sent back to their home unit? If so, does the health department have guidance on this?|
Print Above Tables
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: