Area Command Aviation Coordinator
The Incident Position Description for this position is not yet available.
Incident Position Description development is part of an ongoing improvement effort intended to support the NWCG core mission – to enable interoperable wildland fire operations among federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial partners.
Incident Position Descriptions:
- Provide the single authoritative source for the essential duties and responsibilities for each NWCG position.
- Ensure connection between the position and established operational standards.
- Build consistency (organization, nomenclature, terminology) internal to each position and across the inventory of positions.
- Prevent unnecessary duplication of duties across positions.
- Help identify performance support needs such as job aids, training courses, and position task books.
Incident Position Descriptions are derived from source documents that establish operational standards, best management practices, requirements, duties, and responsibilities. See the NWCG Standards Management Cycle webpage for more on this process.
As with the source materials they are derived from, Incident Position Description management is assigned to NWCG committee/subgroups. See incident position responsibilities.