Bag – Sleeping, Cold Weather, X-long
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Storage and Shelf Life Procedure:
Prior to shipping, inspect carton for rodent damage and/or moisture damage. If found, handle accordingly and dispose of carton and contents in appropriate manner.
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect for any holes, cuts, tears, abrasions, or torn seams that cannot be repaired economically, if any dispose of.
- Inspect for excessive dirt or stains that laundering cannot eliminate, if any dispose of.
- Inspect for missing slider, damaged coils, or other defects that make zipper inoperable, repair if economical.
- Inspect for batting that is bunched-up or in clumps. Shake the bag several times to ensure that the batting will loft evenly, not clump or shift.
- Inspect for any indelible marking on the bag, if any dispose of.
- Inspect for any signs of body fluid stains. If there’s any question on whether the bag can be completely cleaned and sanitized, dispose of the item.
- Return to stock if item shows no signs of use and passes initial inspection.
- Dispose of item if unable to repair.
- Refurbish if damage detected is repairable.
A. Cleaning- CLASS 4 CORDURA - SLEEPING BAGS
- Remove all contents not part of the bag and zip closed before laundering.
- Launder bags in front-loading machine. Use mild soap in water of no more than 130 °F. Bags shall undergo three wash and rinse cycles, i.e. wash, rinse, wash, rinse, wash, rinse, sterilize with a bleach solution of 50 ppm in the last wash cycle.
- With bag unzipped, dry in a tumble dryer with an average temperature not to exceed 130 °F. The dryer unit shall be of the reverse-action type. All bags shall be unfolded and shall tumble free. (To obtain the average temperature, test the temperature every 5 minutes and average the findings.)
- After drying, zip bags closed.
- Repair any hole, cut, tear, abrasion, or open seam.
- Replace any zipper that has damaged coils and replace any missing slider.
C. Tests for Performance
- Inspect cord lock to ensure spring works properly and that the cord passes freely through when the lock is disengaged.
- Close zipper to ensure it provides a smooth and secure closure the full length of the bag opening.
- Open and close the hook and pile fastener to ensure closure is adequate.
- Retest all hardware if it has been replaced.
- Package in plastic bag.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: