Bag – Slingable, Water, Suppression, 55 GL
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
1. Dispose of Cordura outer bag if there are:
- Any holes, cuts, tears, burns, or torn seams not economically repairable.
- Any zipper or Velcro closures that do not close properly.
- Unsightly dirt or fuel stain that cleaning cannot eliminate.
- Buckle does not function properly (repair, replace or dispose).
- Fill and drain hardware.
- Inspect fill and drain fittings for proper function and tight seal.
- Replace or repair any part missing or damaged.
- Remove and dispose of any used liners.
- Inspect condition of spare liner. Unless the integrity of the liner is in question, do not remove from the sealed bag to make this inspection.
- Return to stock if all components are accounted for and the bag is clean and unused.
- Refurbish if dirty or used and repairs can be made.
- Dispose of item if it fails inspection or is damaged beyond repair.
A. Cleaning- CLASS 2 CORDURA (MACHINE WASH OK)
- Allow any mud or loose dirt to dry, and remove using a stiff-bristle brush. If stains remain, wash as recommended below.
- Remove light oil and dirt stains by brushing with a solution of warm water and a mild detergent, rinse thoroughly, and hang to dry. “Mild detergents” includes most home laundry detergents that contain no chlorine bleach or added scents.
- For heavier oil or grease, soak in water-soluble biodegradable degreaser for at least 30 minutes, brush with a bristle brush, rinse thoroughly, and hang to dry.
- If machine washing, use only cold water on a gentle cycle and air dry.
- Where no other method is cleaning the fabric, wash with pressure washer set at wide fan, warm water, and only allow nozzle close enough as necessary for cleaning, the further away the better for the fabric.
DO NOT MACHINE DRY. DO NOT USE BLEACH.
Fill and drain hardware:
- For NFES #000435, wash thoroughly in a solution of chlorine bleach consisting of 1-ounce of bleach for every gallon of water.
- Rinse in potable water and dry completely.
- Once hose and fittings are sanitized and dried, reseal in a plastic storage bag and put in zipper pocket.
- For NFES #000437 wash fill and drain hardware thoroughly, rinse and dry completely, reseal, place in plastic storage bag and put in zipper pocket.
- Repair holes, cuts, tears, and broken seams.
- Replace nonfunctioning buckles.
- Replace Velcro or zipper if it does not adhere and/or it does not operate smoothly and if it is economical to do so.
- Replace used liners: for NFES #000435 use NFES #000436, for NFES #000437 use NFES #000438.
C. Testing for Performance
- Test any replacement buckle, zipper, Velcro or fitting.
- Use NFES #008070 carton (18” x 15” x 5.5”).
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: