Container – 1 Liter, Fuel, Aluminum, Red Finish
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect for fuel in bottle and dispose of fuel properly.
- Inspect outside of bottle for excessive dents, cracks, or evidence of fuel leakage, dispose of bottle if any are present.
- Inspect inside of bottle for any foreign matter that cannot be removed. Dispose of bottle if this has occurred.
- Inspect cap and bottle for any thread damage. Replace cap if necessary.
- Inspect O-ring for damage or wear, replace if necessary.
- Inspect for fill to here line, without it dispose of bottle.
- Fuel bottles shall be of one-piece construction, containers that have threaded inserts crimped into the top shall be disposed of.
- Return to stock if item does not show any signs of use and passes visual inspection.
- Refurbish if item has been used and/or damage is repairable.
- Fill with water and put cap on, invert to see if it leaks.
- Wash bottle inside and out with mild detergent or power wash.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Turn upside down with cap off and let air dry.
- Replace O-ring if necessary.
- Replace cap if necessary.
- Ensure fuel geyser warning label is present and legible. Reference cache memo 17-2 below.
C. Testing for Performance
- If O-ring or cap is replaced re-check for leaks.
- Local cache option.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: