Extinguisher – Fire, 20A:120BC, 20 lbs. (9.1L)
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Storage and Shelf Life Procedure:
Yearly inspection by authorized service representative.
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Visual inspection of use gauge.
- Ensure the gauge arrow is registering in the “green.”
- If gauge arrow is in the “red”, set aside for an authorized service representative.
- Inspect for missing parts: Safety pin, hose, and bracket.
- Verify tag for expiration date and signature of authorized service representative.
- If either of these is in question, set aside for authorized service representative.
- Return to stock if unused, passes inspection and not expired.
- Refurbish if item is dirty, expired or needs other service.
To dispose of an old fire extinguisher that cannot be refilled or that you do not wish to refill:
- Release any pressure contained in the canister by shooting a small amount into an open area.
- Let the canister sit for a few days, making sure the pressure has been released.
- Once there is no longer any pressure, dispose in a trash bag in your regular garbage.
- Wipe down entire unit with a damp rag and make sure hose is free of dirt or debris.
- Repair, testing and filling performed by authorized service representatives only.
C. Testing for Performance
- Package 1 each in NFES #000385 carton (7.25” x 9.25” x 26”) to prevent accidental discharge of extinguisher.
Label carton with:
- Extinguisher’s expiration date
- NFES #000596 LABEL - NON-FLAMMABLE GAS 2.
- Directional arrows “This Side Up” oriented in the direction of the extinguisher standing upright.
- NFES label
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: