Flight Suit – Chest Size 48, Inseam 30 1/2” (R)
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect for holes, cuts, tears, burns, or torn seams. Inspect hook and pile fastener missing or that does not provide adequate closure, repair or dispose of. Inspect for broken zippers or missing a sliders. Open and close the hook and pile fasteners to ensure they provide an adequate and secure closure. Open and close zipper to ensure smooth operations and secure closures.
- Return to stock if item is clean and all components are in good working condition
- Refurbish if cleaning is the only refurbishment required.
- Dispose of item if any damage is found in the inspection process.
Follow the cleaning procedures described in the publication, Nomex®- Aramid Fiber -Laundering Guide (H71603), http://www.dupont.com/content/dam/dupont/products-and-services/personal-protective-equipment/thermal-protective-apparel-and-accessories/documents/DPT_Nomex_Laundering_Guide.pdf. Additional information can be obtained by calling DuPont at 1–800–453–8527 or by writing:
DuPont Advanced Fibers Systems
Chestnut Run Plaza
Laurel Run Building
Wilmington, DE 19880-0705
Abbreviated washing procedures from above publication:
- “Garments of NOMEX® should be washed separately from other articles to avoid contamination with lint of flammable fibers.”
- “Tests show that formulations designed for use at a temperature of 140 °F (60 °C) or less – such as high-surfactant, low-alkalinity products – adequately clean NOMEX® and provide the best fabric color retention.”
- “For heavily stained and oily garments of NOMEX®, a higher temperature wash formula may be required for adequate cleaning.”
- “Garments made of NOMEX® must be adequately rinsed to remove residual wash chemicals.”
- “In some instances, tumble dry conditioning is the only finishing necessary for garments of NOMEX®.”
- “…dry cleaning is an alternative method of removing heavy soil and may be preferable to repeated high-temperature washing.”
- If items are taken to vendor laundry facilities for refurbishment; ensure that they receive a copy of this refurbishment standard. The laundry facility must satisfy both – the requirements as set by the manufacturer specification and the agreement made with the local agency.
C. Test for performance
- Local cache option
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: