Fly – Plastic, Tent, 16’ X 24’ with 10 Guy Ropes
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Visually inspect for rips and tears, mold or mildew, and petroleum or other stains on the main sheet; inspect borders for seam damage and loose grommets.
- Return to stock if item is clean and appears to be in unused condition.
- Refurbish item if item can be cleaned, damages are repairable and economically feasible.
- Dispose of items that are nonstandard and any items that are damaged or soiled beyond repair or refurbishment. Tears greater than 1 inch in length will render the fly unserviceable.
- Completely unfold tent fly on clean, dry floor or work area so that any defects (tears, burns, mildew, etc.) will be visible.
- Sweep off entire fly with stiff-bristle broom.
- Wash with water and mild degreaser detergent.
- Rinse to remove all soap residues.
- Air dry.
- If items are taken to vendor laundry facilities for refurbishment; ensure that they receive a copy of this refurbishment standard. The laundry facility must satisfy both--the requirements as set by the manufacturer specification and the agreement made with the local agency.
- Repair any minor rips, tears (generally 1 inch or less), or any other defects at this time (if possible)
- Replace missing or damaged grommets with ⅝” brass grommets.
- Replace missing or damaged guy ropes with 25’ X ¼” manila rope with one slider (NFES #001043. 10 each of NFES# 001043 per NFES #000070 Fly.
C. Testing for performance
- Utilize a flat, clean surface greater than 20’ X 20’.
- Fold lengthwise once, fold lengthwise again, and sweep after each fold until fly is in neat, tight package approximately 16” X 24”.
- Secure fly with ¼” manila or similar rope.
- 1 each in NFES #000823 carton (15” x 15” x 10”).
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: