Fly – Sunscreen, 20’ x 20’, with 10 Guy Ropes
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect for standard 20’ x 20’ size. Inspect for rips and tears, seam damage and loose grommets, mildew and excessive petroleum products.
- Return to stock if item appears to be in clean unused condition.
- Refurbish if cleaning is effective and repairs are economically feasible.
- Dispose of items that are not of standard 20’ x 20’ size or if damage is excessive and not economically feasible to repair. Tears greater than 1 inch in length will render the fly unserviceable.
- Completely unfold fly on clean, dry floor or work area so that any defects (tears, burns, mildew, etc.) will be visible.
- Sweep off entire fly with stiff bristle broom.
- Wash with water and mild degreaser detergent. Power wash with mild degreaser if necessary.
- Rinse to remove all soap residues.
- Air dry.
- Repair any small rips, tears (generally 1 inch or less), or any other defects.
- Replace missing or damaged guy ropes with NFES #001043, 25’ X ¼” manila rope w/ one tension dowel. 10 EA of NFES #001043 per NFES #006131 Fly.
- Replace missing or damaged grommets with ⅝” brass grommets.
C. Testing for performance
- Utilize flat, clean surface greater than 20’ X 20’
- Fold lengthwise once, fold lengthwise again and sweep each after each fold until fly is in neat, tight bundle.
- Secure fly with strapping, ¼” manila or similar rope.
- Recommended packaging 1 each in NFES #002006 carton (23” x 19” x 10”).
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: