Headlamp – Firefighters (advanced)
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Storage and Shelf Life Procedure:
Headlamps should be stored without batteries.
This item has been deleted from the NFES catalog.
(Obsolete, replaced by NFES #000718)
National Caches are not stocking or refurbishing this item.
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect for the following:
- Inspect lamp head.
- Lamp head should have two bulbs, one in place for use, and one inside the housing as a spare.
- The computer chip inside the housing should be intact and firmly in place.
- Lens/reflector should be clear, unscratched, and turn on the housing with resistance–if not dispose of.
- The housing should be free of cracks and the switch boot free of cracks or tears.
- The strap lugs should be intact–if not dispose of.
- O-ring should be free of cracks and pliable–if not dispose of and replace.
- The wire should be tight and have no cracks
- The connector should be round and clean.
- Inspect battery pack.
- Housing should free of cracks, both cap lugs and strap lugs should be present and intact.
- The cap should be free of cracks, the wire tight and without defect and the O-ring intact. The cap should fit snuggly on the battery housing and lock in place. The connector plate inside the cap should be centered and free of corrosion.
- The battery frame should be intact and firmly hold 5 AA batteries.
- The electrical connectors should mate with the connectors in the cap.
- Inspect helmet strap.
- The helmet strap should be without tears, pliable, and hold the headlamp components.
- Return to stock if item is in unused/new condition
- Inspect lamp head.
- There is no refurbishment for this item to return to stock.
- Dispose of item if item possesses any defective components or fails any part of initial inspection.
- Clean headlamp with clean water.
C. Testing for performance
- Insert 5 new AA batteries into the battery frame all pointing towards the top.
- Insert battery frame into the battery housing.
- Tighten the cap; attach the lamp head, the light should go on.
- Press and release the lamp button, the light should either brighten or dim.
- Press and hold the lamp button, the light should go off.
- Remove batteries.
- Package 48 each in NFES #002006 carton (23” x 19” x 10”).
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: