Headlamp – Firefighters, LED
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Storage and Shelf Life Procedure:
Store without batteries.
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect for broken wires, rust or corrosion on any metal part, and cracks in the battery case, light bezel, or lens cover. Inspect for broken or missing components, O-Ring damage, battery leakage in the battery case, and dirt or damage to retention straps.
- Return to stock if item has not been removed from plastic bag, is clean and appears to have not been used (inspect for batteries in battery case).
- Refurbish item if easily cleaned and any missing or damaged components are available for replacement.
- Dispose of item if missing or damaged components aren’t replaceable; if battery leakage is discovered; or if unit fail testing for performance.
- Wipe entire unit clean to include lamp housing, battery cam, and both sides of lens with soft cloth and mild soapy water.
- Remove retention straps and hand wash with mild detergent, rinse and air dry. Reinstall.
- Install new retention straps, battery case latch, and O-ring if required.
- Lightly lubricate the O-ring and lens cap threads with silicone grease when necessary.
- Salvage usable parts from unserviceable units when practical.
C. Testing for performance
- Test unit with new batteries.
- Test all light mode functions; if any bulb does not function, dispose of headlamp.
- Test elasticity of retention straps; if defective, replace.
- Check O-ring is present and pliable, replace as necessary.
- Remove batteries prior to storage.
- Individually package headlamp in plastic bag.
- Package 50 each in NFES #002006 carton (23” x 19” x 10”).
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: