Hose – Garden, Synthetic, ¾” NH x 50’
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Visually inspect for burns, cuts, and damaged fittings.
- Recycle brass fittings from disposed hose.
- Inspect gasket for cracks, if any replace.
- Return to stock if hose is banded and in unused condition.
- Refurbish if item passes initial inspection.
- Dispose of hose if it fails initial inspection or fails Testing for Performance.
A. Testing for Performance
- Start pump.
Test hose at bib pressure, which should be at least 150 PSI.
- Check bib pressure with pressure gauge.
- Gauge can be purchased at any local hardware store.
- Hold for 2 minutes and inspect hose for leaks.
- Shut down pump and relieve water pressure from system.
- Drain excess water from hose.
B. Cleaning Procedures
- Remove excess dirt from hose.
- Wash hose with clean water, clean water with mild detergent or high pressure wash.
- If detergent is used, rinse with clean water.
- Allow hose to drain and dry thoroughly.
- Roll hose in single-roll configuration, male fitting in center of roll.
- Secure roll with band.
- Package 20 lengths in NFES #008017 carton (18” X 12” X 10”).
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: