Hose – Suction Flex, 3” X 25’ w/Kamlock
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Visually inspect for burns, cuts, and damaged fittings.
- Inspect gasket for cracks or damage, if any replace.
- Return to stock if hose is banded, clean, and in unused condition.
- Refurbish if item passes initial inspection.
- Dispose of hose if it fails initial inspection or fails Testing for Performance.
A. Testing for Performance
Service pressure test:
- Start pump.
- Test for 3 minutes at 50 PSI.
- Inspect hose for leaks.
- Shut down pump.
- Drain hose completely.
- Remove excess dirt from hose.
- Clean with damp rag.
- Apply a rubber protectant to prevent drying and cracking.
- Replace gasket if necessary.
- Local cache option.
- Protect male coupling threads.
Water Handling Equipment Guide, NWCG PMS 447-1 which is posted at https://www.nwcg.gov/publications/447-1.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: