Lantern – Camp, Electric, Fluorescent
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect for broken lens, cracked cases, missing bulbs, broken switches, or leaked battery acid in battery compartment.
- Install batteries and inspect lantern condition and performance. Remove batteries after inspection.
- Return to stock if item is in clean, serviceable condition with fully functioning components.
- Refurbish if item is easily and economically cleaned and repaired to like new condition.
- Dispose of item if item is damaged beyond repair.
- Use a soft cloth to clean lens and battery compartment as necessary.
- Remove batteries from battery compartment.
- Replace bulbs if necessary: USE APPROPRIATE REPLACEMENT BULBS
- F6T5/CW (6 watt)
- F9W (9 watt)
- HS/S15W/6500K (15 watt)
C. Testing for performance
- Install batteries to test operation of switch and bulbs.
- Remove batteries prior to storage.
- Local cache option. Recommended 4 each in NFES #008017 carton (18” x 12” x 10”).
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: