Litter – S.K.E.D
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect for blood or other bodily fluids, alert supervisor for further instructions.
- Visually inspect for cuts or tears in plastic surface, soiled surface, missing parts such as straps or fasteners. Inspect for structural damage such as grommets pulled out. Inspect all straps; handles (web gear) are intact and functional.
- Return to service if item is clean and in unused condition.
- Refurbish if item is soiled or has damaged components that are easily repaired or replaced.
- Dispose of S.K.E.D. if there are cuts or tears to plastic materials, webbing and straps are damaged beyond repairs that is economically feasible. See local protocol for proper disposal of items that possess biological hazards.
- Retain all serviceable components for replacement on other litters.
- Wash S.K.E.D. with a disinfectant and warm water.
- Wash with power washer and hang to dry.
- Replace worn or damaged straps or fasteners.
- Replace missing or damaged grommets.
C. Testing for Performance
- Reassemble to ensure completeness and all parts are fitting properly.
- Roll up S.K.E.D. (using rubber gloves for better grip) small enough to fit into case.
- Fasten retaining strap tightly so S.K.E.D. can be easily extracted.
For information and parts lists see:
PO Box 230487
Portland, OR. 97281
Web site: http://www.skedco.com
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: