Nozzle – Twin Tip, Combination, 1” NPSH-F
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect for obvious damage, cracks, and large burrs.
- Inspect for gasket and screen.
- Inspect handle for damaged or missing screw. Ensure handle is in the correct position and turns freely into the proper positions.
- Inspect for fire damage. Fire damage may cause failure in the future.
- Inspect hose coupling threads for damage.
- Return to stock if nozzle is clean and shows no sign of damage or use.
- Refurbish if damage is repairable or if missing components are replaceable.
- Dispose of item if damage is excessive, or if nozzle fails Testing for Performance and deficiencies are not correctable.
A. Testing for Performance
- Install nozzle on pump.
- Open handle on nozzle.
- Turn on water.
- Inspect and operate straight stream tip and fog tip ensuring neither is clogged. Clear obstructions if present.
- Close handle.
- Pressurize nozzle to 300 PSI. Test at pressure for 3 minutes.
- Inspect for leaks:
- Under the handle
- At both tips
- Clean in a dish washing detergent with brush, scouring pad or high-pressure wash as needed. Do not soak for extended periods of time as the detergent will corrode the metal.
- Rinse thoroughly, stand upright with handle in open position and allow to air dry.
- Replace handle and ball with a new kit if needed.
- Replace tail gasket and/or screen if missing, cracked, or stiff. Nozzle will have a 3/16” straight-stream tip (NFES #000637) and a 2-4 gal/min fog tip (NFES #000635).
- Lubricate with appropriate dry lubricant such as graphite.
- Following completion of any repairs, retesting of nozzles must be completed following Testing for Performance, above.
- Stand upright and dry completely prior to repackaging.
- Package in units containing nozzle body with a 3/16” straight-stream tip, NFES #000637 and 2-4 gal/min fog tip, NFES #000635.
- Package 20 each in NFES #008010 carton (16 3/8” x 13 5/8” x 7” w/ insert).
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: