Pack – Fireline, Complete, Blue (w/canteen case and stuff sack)
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Visually inspect fabric for cuts, tears, burns, and areas of abrasions. Inspect seams for breaks in stitching and for areas where the fabric is unraveling into the seams, check all straps and webbing for cuts or excessive wear. Ensure straps are securely attached to the fabric; inspect zippers for broken coils and missing or broken sliders. Ensure they are securely attached to the fabric. Open and close the zippers to ensure a smooth and proper function. Ensure all hardware, buckles and Velcro closures are correctly attached. Inspect all buckles and hardware for cracks or breaks. Fasten and unfasten all buckles and hardware to ensure a smooth and proper function. Ensure all Velcro closures are securely attached.
- Return to stock if item is clean, free of damage, and in unused condition.
- Refurbish if item passes inspection, and repair is economically feasible.
- Dispose of if there’s any indelible writing or markings on the item, or if item is beyond economical repair.
- CLASS 1 CORDURA (MACHINE WASH OK)
- Allow any mud or loose dirt to dry then remove using a stiff-bristle brush. If stains remain, wash as recommended below.
- Remove light oil and dirt stains by brushing with a solution of warm water and a mild detergent, rinse thoroughly, and hang to dry. “Mild detergents” includes most home laundry detergents that contain no chlorine bleach or added scents.
- For heavier oil or grease, soak in water-soluble biodegradable degreaser for at least 30 minutes, brush with a bristle brush, rinse thoroughly, and hang to dry.
- If machine washing, use only cold water on a gentle cycle and air dry.
- Where no other method is cleaning the fabric, wash with pressure washer set at wide fan, warm water, and only allow nozzle close enough as necessary for cleaning, the further away the better for the fabric.
DO NOT MACHINE DRY. DO NOT USE BLEACH TO CLEAN FABRIC.
- If necessary, replace buckles and hardware.
- Repair any tears, holes or areas of excessive abrasion if economically feasible.
- Repair any seams that are worn or that have torn loose.
- Repair or replace webbing.
C. Test for performance
- Test any buckles, zippers or Velcro that has been replaced for functionality.
- For NFES #000674, insert 2 blue canteen case and blue stuff sack into main compartment. Close all buckles, secure the shoulder yoke. Pack 10 packs per box.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: