Pallet Jack – Truck
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Visually inspect for broken or missing parts.
- Inspect for structural damage, bent handle, cracked, or broken wheels, missing, or broken mechanism components, if so, determine if economical to repair.
- Jack up the truck, preferably with weight on it, and watch to see if it will hold weight without sinking down.
- Return to stock if item passes inspection, is clean, and shows no sign of use.
- Dispose of item if it does not pass inspection and is not repairable.
- Refurbish if item has been used and/or damage is repairable.
- Remove all foreign material with a stiff brush.
- Wipe with damp cloth and let dry.
- Exceptionally dirty or greasy pallet jacks can be pressure washed using caution around wheels and other moving parts. Allow to air dry.
- Follow manufacturers recommendations on all repairs and service. Most manufacturers have online service and repair manuals.
- Replace wheels, handles, hydraulic jack, or any other components if economically viable and using only manufacturers recommended parts. Many models and brands do not have interchangeable parts. Only experienced or trained personnel should complete repairs. Contract repair companies may need to be utilized.
- Grease bushings and bearings where needed. Follow manufacturers recommendations for lubricant points and type.
- Fill hydraulic oil as needed following manufacturers recommendations and procedures.
- Repaint if necessary, to prevent rust, or corrosion taking care to not paint wheels or any other moving parts.
C. Testing for Performance
- Inspect to see that all parts function correctly, the pallet jack holds weight without sinking, and rolls freely once refurbishing is complete.
Print This Page
See manufacturer for brand specific maintenance, repairs, and parts. The following links are meant as a general guideline and samples.
How to Bleed the Air Out of the Hydraulic Unit on a Pallet Jack
Step-by-Step: Replace Load Wheels on Your Pallet Jack
Replace the Steer Wheels on a Manual Pallet Jack
Crown Pallet Jack Service Manual
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: