Pump – Trombone, Backpack, Single Action
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect for obvious damage.
- Inspect for burns and cracks. Dispose of if these are found.
- Inspect for damaged threads. If beyond repair dispose of. Ensure tip is secured to wand with a 3-4 inch length of ball chain.
- Place hose in water and pump handle to validate that pump works properly.
- Return item to stock if it shows no sign of use or damage.
- Dispose of item if unable to repair.
- Wash and clean all items of foreign matter, such as mud, dirt, and grease.
- Clean in mild detergent with brush or scouring pad as needed.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- If pump pressure is not sufficient, remove pump unit and replace O-rings.
- If suction hose is kinked, replace hose.
- Ensure quick connection on pump has proper seating.
- Check hose connection to pump for tightness; if loose, use a hose clamp.
- Replace length of ball chain between wand and removable tip if missing.
- Check supply hose on pump assembly for obstructions and tight connections, bent push rods, and clogged tips.
- Check spring and ball bearing.
- Lubricate slide with appropriate lubricant, e.g., Chevron NLGI2 or equivalent.
C. Tests for Performance
- Place end of hose in water and pump trombone. Ensure that it fills and discharges water properly without back feeding water out of the suction hose.
- Suggested packaging of NFES #000151, 10 each in NFES #000385 carton (7.25” x 9.25” x 26”) or 25 each in NFES #002006 carton (23” x 19” x 10”).
- Ensure suction hose is not kinked when packaging.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: