Rack – Collapsible
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect for damaged/missing tines, if so dispose of.
- Inspect for damage to handle sliding-locking mechanism.
- Inspect all welds to see if cracked or broken.
- Inspect grips for tears/loss of grips.
- Inspect nuts and bolts to make sure they are in place (2 each).
- Inspect pin in locking mechanism.
- Return to stock if item passes inspection and shows no sign of use.
- Dispose of item if it is damaged beyond repair.
- Refurbish item if economically repairable.
- Damp wipe with mild detergent solution to remove dirt, mud, and grease.
- Let stand and dry.
- Lubricate slide mechanism with WD 40 or similar solution.
- Repair/replace nuts, bolts, and pins as needed. Various nuts, bolts, and locking pins may be procured at a local hardware store.
- Replace rubber handles.
C. Testing for Performance
- Inspect slide mechanism to see if moves freely and does not bind up when expanding tines of rake.
- Expand all tines to see if secure and stable.
- Place 10 each in carton NFES #000338 (37” x 18” x 7”).
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: