Rake – Fire (Council Tool) w/Sheath
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Storage and Shelf Life Procedure:
Per local cache requirements to ensure proper serviceability of tools.
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect handle for cracks, slivers, and warping.
- Inspect cutting teeth for cracks, excessive wear, and loose rivets.
- Inspect mounting head for cracks and loose handle.
- Return to stock if item is clean and has not been used.
- Refurbish if item has been used and/or is repairable.
- Dispose of rake if tool is not repairable and mounting head is cracked.
- Clean head with fine wire brush.
- Clean handle with damp cloth.
- Sand handle if it is chipped, dinged, rough or has tape residue.
- Wipe handle with linseed oil after sanding.
- Apply rust inhibitor to tool head. Local cache option for painting tool head.
- Replace broken or cracked tooth, flat surface inside.
- Tighten or replace loose rivets.
- Grind on even bevel, use sickle stone.
- Retain square point on cutter teeth. DO NOT ROUND CORNERS.
- Apply rust inhibitor to tool head. Local cache option for painting tool head. Black paint only.
- Smooth handle with fine sandpaper
- Oil cutting edge.
C. Testing for Performance
- Sheath with NFES #001854 McLeod sheath.
- Package 10 each in carton NFES #000305 (56” X 20” X 11”).
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: