Shelter – Practice, Large, Complete, M2002
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
Inspect the following: a. Shelter
- Unfold practice fire shelter and inspect for tears, ripped seams, punctures.
- Polyvinyl Bag i. Inspect the bag for cracks or tears. ii. Inspect Velcro pull strip for damage.
- The M-2002 Practice Fire Shelter Carrying Case is orange in color.
- Inspect for cuts, tears, torn seams or flap.
- Ensure that an M-2002 instruction sheet and a folding instruction are in the Use Instructions Pocket on the front.
- Check that there are two belt clips and that they are in working condition.
- Inspect the plastic liner for cracks or tears.
- Return to stock if item is in new condition and does not require refurbishment.
- Refurbish by patching rips or tears. Velcro strips on bag can be replaced if damaged or missing.
- Dispose of practice fire shelter if damage is extensive and cannot be recycled.
- Clean the Shelter Package with a damp cloth.
- Brush dirt off heavily soiled case with a stiff brush.
- Remove oils from carrying case using a solution of warm water and detergent and brush.
- Rinse with clear water and let dry.
- Repair as needed and economically feasible.
- Replace Use Instructions with M-2002 Use Instructions, English/Spanish and/or Folding Instructions with M-2002 Folding Instructions if missing or damaged.
- Replace belt clips and polyvinyl bag if missing or damaged.
- Mark each shelter as Practice Only shelter.
C. Testing for performance
- 10 each of NFES #002679, #002798, #002799 in NFES #008059 carton (24” x 12.5” x 10”).
- All other items, local cache option.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: