Tank – Collapsible, 1500 GL (5678.1L)
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Separate tanks by NFES number. Inspect for punctures, tears. Look for damaged couplings, and drain plugs. Inspect flanges and make sure threads are not damaged.
- Ensure ball bearings on fitting are working properly. Repair or lube if necessary.
- Inspect seal around flange. Replace to 2 ½” female flange if tank return is equipped with fittings other than.
- Return to stock if unused.
- Refurbish item if tears and holes are repairable with local equipment and expertise. Contact manufacturer for repairs requiring materials or skills not found at the local cache to determine if it is economically feasible to have manufacturer repair tank.
- Dispose of item if unable to refurbish.
- Elevate tank, securing the tank to lifting system with a chain or straps to bear the weight of the tank.
- Clean tank, inside and outside, with soapy water and a brush.
- Rinse well with clean water from high-pressure washer.
- Allow to air dry on both sides.
- While tank is suspended, mark any holes or damage needing repair.
- Patch any hole or tears. Small pin hole can be repaired with manufacturer recommended TEAR-AID® Type B or other similar material recommended by the tank manufacturer. Larger holes should be patched with material recommended by the manufacturer utilizing a vinyl welding process. For extremely large holes, contact the tank manufacturer for recommended repair or replacement options.
- Replace all damaged hose couplings and drain plugs.
- Stencil correct NFES # of item on collar of tank if missing or unreadable.
C. Testing for performance
- Check all patches to insure they are secure and there are no loose edges.
- Suspend tank again to spot holes while looking towards light.
- Fold or roll tank as tightly as possible, secure with plastic banding or rope to keep from unrolling.
- 1 each of NFES #006030, #006031, #007744 in NFES #008158 carton (48” x 22” x 31”).
- 1 each of NFES #000090, #000588, #000589, #000668, #000568 recommended in NFES #000500 carton (22” x 22” x 36”).
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: