Tank – Folding, 1500 GL (5678.1L), w/Frame
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect frame for broken or bent parts, cracks or separations in the welds. Inspect the liner for pin holes, tears, or rips and missing grommets. Inspect for frayed or damaged rope or missing nylon ties securing liner to frame.
- Return to stock if item is clean and in unused condition.
- Refurbish item if able to clean and repair. For repairs requiring materials or skills not found at the local cache, contact manufacturer to determine if it is economically feasible to have manufacturer repair tank.
- Dispose of item if damages are not economically feasible to repair.
- Clean tank liner and frame, inside and outside, with soapy water and a brush or high-pressure wash and rinse.
- Allow to air dry on both sides.
- Straighten frame.
- Weld all cracked or broken welds on frame.
- Remove rust. Paint as needed.
- Lubricate hinges with appropriate lubricant.
- Patch any hole or tears. Small pin hole can be repaired with manufacturer recommended TEARAID® Type B or other similar material recommended by the tank manufacturer. Larger holes should be patched with material recommended by the manufacturer utilizing a vinyl welding process. For extremely large holes, contact the tank manufacturer for recommended repair or replacement options.
- Replace any missing grommets. If two or more grommets are missing in succession and new grommets cannot be installed, replace liner.
- The use of cable ties or ¼” nylon rope is recommended for securing the liner to the frame. Ensure that ties or ropes are secure. Replace or tighten as necessary. When using cable ties, use one per grommet and utilize large cable ties at corner and midpoints. Use smaller ties in all other grommets. When using rope, secure one end to the frame. Using a lacing motion, go through the grommet, over the frame and through the next grommet. Continue this motion until entire liner is attached to frame. Secure end.
- Stencil correct NFES # of item on side of tank if missing or unreadable.
C. Testing for performance
- Verify hinges operate smoothly.
- Check all patches to insure they are secure and there are no loose edges.
- Fold the tank ensuring that liner is not pinched during process. Only a minimum, if any, amount of liner is to extend outside the metal frame.
- Band 1,000GL tank near ends, Band 1,500GL tank near ends and in the middle.
- Secure on pallet.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: