Tank – Gasoline, 5 GL (18.9L), Pump Adapted
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Check for fuel in tank. Evacuate tank if fuel is present.
- Inspect threads on connector for serviceability. Inspect for missing or cracked and damaged gasket on cap. Inspect all interior surfaces for rust that has pitted, is flaking or is lifting the interior surface. Rust spots larger than a quarter or collectively multiple areas larger than a quarter will render the can unserviceable. Some “flash rust” maybe present and is acceptable. Using a mirror and flashlight, inspect the ceiling of the can for additional rust.
- Inspect for impacts or dents to corners and seams as separation and/or leaks may occur.
- Inspect and tighten quick release fuel valve.
- Return to stock if clean and in unused condition.
- Refurbish item if tank is free of damage or rust.
- Dispose of item if tank damage is significant, leaks are detected or rust is found inside of tank.
- Drain existing fuel and purge. Dispose of fuel according to hazardous material regulations and local policies.
- Use an air hose to dry the interior of the tank and remove debris inside the female opening of the quick disconnect coupling.
- Turn upside down with lids off to dry.
- Clean vent hole to ensure serviceability.
- Wipe down outside of container and repaint if necessary.
- Replace missing, cracked or stiff gaskets.
C. Testing for performance
- Check all threads on connector for serviceability.
- Local cache option
- Recommended when shipping, pack in carton NFES #008052 (16”x14”x10”)
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: