Tank – Dip, 15,000 GL (Heliwell)
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Observe condition prior to take down or after setting up unit following manufacturer’s assembly procedures.
- Look at rim covers and inspect attached webbing.
- Remove rim covers and inspect top of tank for abrasions or tears.
- Look in tank for slices or holes and mark with felt pen if repairs needed.
- Inspect panels to ensure they are not bent or misshapen and attached clips are functional.
- Inspect turn buckles and cables for frays and burrs.
- Return to stock if unused.
- Refurbish item, if repairs are extensive, refer to SEI Industries website.
- Dispose of irreparable components and replace as necessary.
- Clean tank liner and panels, inside and outside with soapy water and a brush or highpressure wash and rinse.
- Rinse well with clean water from high-pressure washer.
- Allow to air dry on both sides.
- Weld all cracked or broken welds on aluminum panels.
- Patch any damaged areas marked in liner. All patches should be welded with patch material that is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Rivet rim covers if missing.
- Straighten panels and replace clips if needed.
- File off burrs on turn buckles.
- Replace any missing or damaged fittings, valves, adapters or caps.
C. Testing for performance
- Verify panels are close together by inspecting placement.
- Fold tank liner into a shape that fits underneath one panel. See Heliwell operator’s manual on SEI website.
- Place folded liner on a pallet and stack panel atop tank.
- Box other components together and place on pallet.
- Strap down tank, panels, and boxed components securely.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: