Valve – Automatic Check and Bleeder 1 1/2” NH-F
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect for missing parts (valves, plugs, and gaskets). Inspect for missing or damaged handle, damaged threads and fire exposure damage.
- Return to stock if item is clean, passes inspection, and is in unused condition.
- Refurbish if item exhibits damage that is repairable and item passes testing.
- Dispose of item if damaged beyond repair, fails Testing for Performance and cannot be repaired, or show signs of fire damage.
- Wash with mild soap, brush if necessary.
- Rinse thoroughly and stand upright to dry.
- Lubricate female coupling with appropriate dry lubricant such as graphite. Wipe off excess.
- Replace missing or cracked gaskets and handle.
- Lubricate female coupling with dry lubricant such as graphite.
C. Testing for Performance
- Install valve on test pump.
- Fill with water; close handle.
- Attach caps or nozzle for testing.
- Test for leaks at 300 PSI for 3 minutes.
- Inspect for leaks around female coupling, the male flange, under the top of the handle shaft, on the bottom end of the handle shaft, and in the casing.
- Remove from test pump and ensure the check valve (flapper is operational).
- Retest valve after any repairs are made.
- Dry completely prior to packaging.
- 10 EA in NFES #000228 carton (12” x 12” x 8”).
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: