Valve – Shut Off, 1”
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect for obvious damage including burrs and thread damage, gaskets missing or damaged, a female collar that must turn freely if applicable, and inspect for damage caused by fire exposure.
- Return to stock if item is clean, passes inspection and is in unused condition.
- Refurbish if deficiencies are discovered during the inspection process and item requires cleaning.
- Dispose of item if damages are not repairable or item has sustained damage caused by fire.
- Clean in a mild detergent with brush and scouring pad or use parts washer or high pressure wash to remove foreign matter such as mud, dirt or grease. Rinse thoroughly.
- Do not soak for extended periods of time as detergent will corrode the metal.
- Stand upright with barrel in open position to drain water and dry.
- Replace missing or damaged gaskets or components that are serviceable.
C. Testing for Performance
- Install valve on test pump.
- Turn on water to pump and open valve to expel air then close valve.
- Turn on pump
- NFES #001201 and NFES #001207 test at 300 PSI for 3 minutes.
- NFES #000835 and NFES #000738 test at 100 PSI for 3 minutes.
- Inspect for leaks around the gasket and at the handles while on test pump.
- If valve leaks, repair as necessary or dispose of through local procedures.
- Retest after repairs are made.
- Ensure item is completely dry prior to packaging.
- Use NFES #008066 carton (12” x 9” x 10”) for the following: NFES #001201, #001207 standard pack of 20 EA per carton.
- Use NFES #008064 carton (10” x 8” x 6”) for the following: NFES #000835 standard pack of 50 EA per carton.
- Use NFES #008076 carton (8” x 4” x 4”) for the following: NFES #000738 standard pack of 10 EA per carton.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: