Valve – Wye, Gated, 1 1/2” NH-F X 1 1/2” NH-M X 1 1/2” NH-M
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
Inspect for the following:
- Handles-bent, broken, missing, too tight, too loose, expansion pins coming out or missing, handles correct (left and right) and positioned properly.
- Male flange-flange missing, lock-ring and set-screws functional, damaged threads, smooth flat surface on flange, burrs on threads, or loose male flange.
- Female coupling-Coupling spins freely, gasket present, and in good condition free of cracks or damage, burrs on threads.
- Casting (body)-Fire damage—look for further damage, O-rings in good condition, corrosion, cracks, and burrs.
- Plastic sphere-Inspect sphere while turning handle; if pitted or rough, replace.
- Return to stock if item is clean, passes inspection, and is in unused condition.
- Refurbish if deficiencies are discovered during the inspection process and item requires cleaning.
- Dispose of item if damages are not repairable or item has sustained damage caused by fire.
- Clean in a mild detergent with brush and scouring pad or use parts washer or high-pressure wash to remove foreign matter such as mud, dirt, or grease. Rinse thoroughly.
- Do not soak for extended periods of time as detergent will corrode the metal.
- Stand upright with barrels in open position to drain water and dry.
- Lubricate with appropriate type of lubricant.
- Replace missing or damaged O-rings and gaskets.
- Replace broken, missing handles.
- Repair or replace male flange if damaged is discovered on face or threads.
- Replace female coupling or bearings if not spinning freely.
C. Testing for Performance
- Install valve on test pump.
- Turn on water to pump and open valve to expel air then close valve.
- Turn on pump
- NFES #000259 and NFES #000231 test at 300 PSI for 3 minutes.
- NFES #000904 test at 100 PSI for 3 minutes.
- Inspect for leaks around the gasket, at the handles, and around flanges while on test pump.
- If valve leaks, repair as necessary, or dispose of through local procedures.
- Retest after repairs are made.
- Ensure item is completely dry prior to packaging.
- Use NFES #000823 carton (15” x 15” x 10”) for a standard pack of 10 EA.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: