Wye – Plain, 1 1/2” X 1 1/2” X 1 1/2” NH
Storage and Shelf Life Checks:
Initial Inspection/Disposal Criteria
- Inspect threads for damage and cracks. Inspect for damaged, missing or stiff gaskets.
- Return to stock if item is clean, passes inspection, and is in unused condition.
- Refurbish if item has been used, cleaning and testing are required or components need to be replaced.
- Dispose of item if it is damaged beyond repair or had damage due to fire exposure.
- High pressure wash or clean in a mild dishwashing detergent with a brush or scouring pad as needed to remove all mud, dirt, and grease.
- Do not soak for extended periods of time as detergent will corrode the metal.
- Stand upright with barrels in open position to drain water and dry.
- Replace missing or damaged gaskets.
C. Testing for Performance
- Install wye on test pump and cap male ends.
- Turn on water to pump and open caps to expel air then close.
- Turn on pump.
- NFES #000839 and NFES #000883 test at 300 PSI for 3 minutes.
- NFES #000739 test at 100 PSI for 3 minutes.
- Inspect for leaks.
- Retest after repairs are made.
- Ensure item is completely dry prior to packaging.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: