Backup and Share Incident Data
Frequent backup of incident data is a critical step in the GISS Workflow. A backup should be made of the incident data after each edit session and the Master Projects should be backed up daily as a set (and optionally individually after major updates).
Data should be backed up not only within the GeoOps Directory Structure, but the entire directory should be backed up to a secondary physical drive at least daily. Hard drives fail under normal conditions and ICPs are often anything but.
Backup of incident data is necessary to:
- Minimize disruption and delay in the event of data corruption, loss, or unavailability.
- Ensure access to incident data and products.
- Ensure effective and efficient team transition.
- Preserve the incident record.
- Backup, Share, and Archive.
- Incident Periodic Backup Tool (ArcMap only).
- RoboCopy Archive Tool (ArcMap and Pro).
Backup, Share, and Archive.
Backup, Share, and Archive - Demo.
Presentation Notes - Backup, Share, and Archive.