Using templates to create layouts in ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro is a great way to have a map ready to go quickly.
ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro allow users to apply pre-formatted map templates to easily create print-ready maps. The use of templates dramatically speeds the job of the GISS allowing them to apply legends, scale bars, graticules, and other STANDL elements to their map. Using templates allows the GISS to provide a quicker standardized product to the firefighters.
- Working with Page Layouts in ArcGIS Pro
- ArcMap Event Map Templates
- The Pro Project Template in the Current GSTOP Folder Structure contains layout templates with dynamic text elements for most common map sizes.
- Using Map Templates ArcMap (Esri)
- Save a Layout File - ArcGIS Pro (Esri)
- Add a Layout to your Project (Open a Layout File) - ArcGIS Pro (Esri)
Creating Map Layouts from Templates - ArcMap
Presentation Notes - Creating Map Layouts with Templates - ArcMap
Anatomy of an Event Map Template
Using an Event Map Template
Presentation Notes - Using an Event Map Template