Update the Master Incident GDB
Overview of Implementing the Master Incident GDB
The Master Incident GDB is the File GDB used for all incident map creation stored in the \incident_data folder. It is simply a copy of the Offline Copy created after edits are complete. The Master Incident GDB does not exist as a blank GDB like the annotation and progression GDBs. It must be created for the first time, and then replaced each time edits are made to the Offline Copy that will need to be reflected in printed maps. The Master Incident GDB contains “Event” in the standard file name as it is the implementation of the Event schema.
NOTE: Never edit the Master Incident GDB. All data edits should be completed in the Offline Copy in the Edit Project.
The Offline Copy will be a Mobile Geodatabase. This format should be converted to File Geodatabase for full functionality.
GISS Workflow Diagram: Update the Master Incident GDB
Update the Master Incident GDB – Done After Every Edit Cycle
Back up Offline Copy
- Determine the path and name of the Offline Copy.
- Convert the Offline Copy (mobile GDB) to a backup GDB (file GDB). Save into the daily backup folder under incident_data\backups and name following GeoOps.
Create or Replace Master Incident GDB
- If the Master Incident GDB already exists, delete from \incident_data.
- Copy the backup to the \incident_data folder and rename it following GeoOps to become the new Master Incident GDB.
- Mobile Geodatabase To File Geodatabase (Conversion)
- YouTube Playlist: Update the Master Incident Geodatabase