The National Incident Feature Services (NIFS) has an Archive function to track and store any edits made to the NIFS. The Archive functions as follows:
- The NIFS Event Archive is hosted in the Enterprise Geospatial Portal (EGP) and is copied back into the NIFC Org for ease of access.
- Whenever a record is edited or deleted in the NIFS, a copy of the original record is added to the NIFS Archive. In this way, an entire edit history of the records in the NIFS is preserved.
- The Archive can be used to recover deleted data.
- The Archive should not be used as a backup.
- The GISS can move a feature to Archive by deleting it from the NIFS.
- The fields GDB_FROM_DATE and GDB_TO_DATE in the Archive feature service can be used to determine when the feature existed in the NIFS.
- All NIFC Org users can see all records in the service.
- At the end of each calendar year, the archive is exported to an annual archive which can be downloaded from the NIFC Open Data Site. Sensitive data and contact information is removed.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: