The National Incident Feature Services (NIFS) has an archive function to track and store any edits made to the NIFS. The Archive functions as follows:
- The NIFS Archive Service is hosted in the NIFC Org for ease of access.
- Whenever a record is added or updated in the NIFS, a copy of the record is added to the NIFS Archive. In this way, an entire edit history of the records in the NIFS is preserved.
- The fields GDB_FROM_DATE and GDB_TO_DATE in the Archive Service designate the date range in which that state of the feature existed in the NIFS.
- The Archive can be used to recover deleted data.
- The Archive should not be used as a backup.
- All NIFC Org users can see all records in the service.
- At the end of each calendar year, the archive is exported to an annual archive which can be downloaded from the NIFC Open Data Site. Sensitive data and contact information is removed.
Page Last Modified / Reviewed: