L-580, Leadership Is Action, N/A
This is a continuing education opportunity available to senior fire management leaders. The intent is to foster exchange of knowledge and experience in the art of leading during high-risk and complex incidents.
THIS IS NOT A COURSE PACKAGE AVAILABLE FROM THE NWCG PRODUCTS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. Specific course information can be found at the Wildland Fire Leadership website https://nwcg.gov/wfldp.
Selected course materials should address these topics:
- Focus on leadership actions, decision-making, and critical thinking at the strategic level
- Include structured facilitation of interactive group discussions and/or activities
- Involve pre- and/or post-study activities related to the specific event
- L-580 provides senior-level leaders with continuing education opportunities that complement other incident management organization training.
Senior-level leaders and decision makers, including, but not restricted to, Agency Administrators and Incident Management Organizations (Type 1, Type 2, Area Command, and NIMO). Senior-level leaders and decision makers, including, but not restricted to, IMT Command and General Staff, fire and aviation leaders from national, regional, or state offices, and Agency Administrators/Line Officers involved in managing complex incidents.
Delivery varies by provider.
Course Components and Hours to Complete
|Course Component||Course Time|
Nationally advertised course sessions can be found by searching for L-580 on the National Wildland Fire Training website. Contact your local Training Officer for more information about local course sessions.
Prerequisite Qualifications and Training
- Previous attendance at other L-courses is highly recommended.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-course work.